Integrated touch screens for demanding environments 2010-12-06
Dedicated equipment plus APEM’s lamination and bonding process ensure great transparency: polyester membrane and touch screen are assembled with a special adhesive that preserves the ability to transmit light. Our process ensures no bubbles, no oil effect and no trapped dust particles. All in keeping a great design and all the features of APEM’s membrane switch panels.
Touch screens destined for demanding environments need to be built and assembled to higher standards to withstand the rigours associated with their end uses. APEM knows these harsh environments and has been satisfying customers in these domains for over 30 years.
New Q Series multi-voltage LED indicators 2010-11-15
APEM’s new Q Series multi-voltage LED indicators provide stable, reliable illumination for variable voltage environments. Available in 6V-30V or 30V-60V, they reduce P/N stocking requirements.
Voltage regulators are housed on the wire terminals (models <
- Extremely efficient : low energy consumption, typically 10mA
- High optical performance : maintain constant illumination at different voltages and prevent LED damage by voltage surges
- Outstanding reliability : 100.000 hours
- Robust : impervious to shock and vibration
APEM Q-series panel mount indicators can be ordered in the widest range of sizes, bezel styles, finishes, terminals, types of illumination and colours available in the market.
New proportional thumbstick - TS series 2010-10-04
Minature, accurate, durable control now available for drop-in or rear mount applications.
Our rugged miniature analog joystick provides precision contact ideal for military and industrial robotics, remote controls, military gamepads, pendant controls, medical applications and turret controls. One or 2 axes. Redundant outputs available.
- Extremely compact : shortest depth available on the market above and below the panel
- Superior in humid environments : submersible to 1 m (IP68) – rear mount sealed to IP69K.
- Long life : no-contact hall effect technology
- Easiest to clean : APEM exclusive rear mount, the only miniature joystick pressure washable to IP69K.
- Easy integration : appropriate to vehicle armrests, handgrip joysticks or in panels.
APEM 2011-2012 New Big Blue Catalogue 2010-07-28
APEM is pleased to announce the availability of our new 2011-2012 "Big Blue" Switch Catalogue.
. Bigger and better! 100 additional pages
. Easy to locate, full colour pages for all new products
. Handy one-page new product summary
. Colour-coded for easy use
- IZ and IR dia. 16 mm sealed pushbutton switches
- New PBA series piezo pushbuttons, including ATEX models
- LPI tactile pushbuttons with large actuator
- K range power rocker switches and indicators
- PR and V series stainless steel keys
- Extension of the AV range of security pushbutton switches
Click here to receive your catalogue!
Contactless sealed pushbutton switches - IH series 2010-06-03
APEM introduces 2 new IH Series switches: low maintenance, contactless, sealed pushbuttons in OFF-MOM & Proportional Output Versions.
Switch version for repetitive jogging
The IH Switch version (OFF-MOM) is designed to withstand a high number of cycles and repetitive jogging. For applications where positioning the load is critical, including material handling, loaders, lifts, trucks, buckets and shovels and other applications requiring continuous operations.
The dome shaped actuator, available in eight colours, features a spring return and provides tactile feedback that the switch has been activated. Separating the sealing membrane, the spring and the tactile feedback elements inside the switch optimizes mechanical life by greatly reducing wear and tear.
Linear version for variable speed drives
The IH Linear version, with proportional output, is ideal for control valves or variable speed drives. Suitable applications include industrial controls, heavy duty equipment and other handling applications where operators need to control motion and speed. It can function as an additional axis for handgrip/joystick operations.
It is designed to react to the pressure exerted on the switch. Response is proportional to actuator travel. Hall Effect technology ensures no-contact, low wear and tear for reliable, long life.
Both versions feature 5 million cycles, Hall Effect sensors for long life, IP67 sealing and low behind-the-panel depth.